Key member benefits
Our reputation is deeply intertwined with that of its members. We expect high levels of professionalism from you and, in turn, we provide you with a membership that serves as a badge of trusted and solid professionalism.
Depending on the membership grade you choose, you will either be supported by a printed copy of EHN magazine delivered straight to your door every month (worth £98 annually), and/or an online version of EHN magazine (EHN digital - find out more here), access to all areas of EHN-online.com, as well as fortnightly and monthly e-newsletters. These resources help to keep you aware of developments across the breadth of environmental health and inform your work in the field.
Covering the wide variety of specialisms in environmental health and providing excellent networking opportunities, local events are offered at a reduced cost or are free for members. There are also additional discounts on nationwide events, dependent on your membership grade. Most of our events also count towards your annual Continuing Professional Development quota. We also provide research grants to help you develop in the direction of your choosing.
Influence and visibility
We lobby on your behalf to raise the profile of the environmental health contribution to local and national public health and the economy. We also campaign on key national issues to achieve health gain. Your membership provides the critical mass to help us influence government, its agencies and wider stakeholders. It also gives you the professional backing to influence policies and stakeholders within your organisation and within your local networks.
Guidance and resources
We provide exclusive, practical resources to help you to resolve issues and fulfil your day-to-day tasks and responsibilities as an environmental health professional. These include technical briefings, toolkits and guidance notes. We continue to use Member Connect to promote more good practice case studies and going into 2017, we are using member feedback to inform decisions on how CIEH operates in the future.
Other benefits include:
- MyCIEH access, the online portal through which you can connect with other members, use exclusive resources and manage your membership
- Our Member Network and Special Interest Groups - a body of environmental and public health professionals with a particular area of interest such as academia, international matters, private sector work and port health themes
- Free access to CIEH Food, which is an inclusive community that focuses on initiatives to keep food safe, healthy and trustworthy in order to ensure consumers are properly protected from harm
- Member Rewards entitles you to a range of exclusive discounts on professional and personal products and services, tailored to save you time and money
- 15% savings on venue hire of 15Hatfields, our sustainable events space